The Pitch@Palace 9.0 applications are now open and we would like to encourage you to apply.
The programme offers mentoring and advice to those developing business ideas around data, intelligence and the future of security.
Whether you simply have an idea on paper or your business is at the point of scaling up Pitch@Palace 9.0 seeks to discover entrepreneurs and companies that have identified opportunities in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- 3D Printing
Manchester Enterprise Centre, UMIP and Business Engagement at The University of Manchester are delighted to announce that HRH, The Duke of York, is bringing a key boot camp event in his Pitch@Palace initiative to our campus in 2018.
Are you a PhD student at The University of Manchester?
Do you have:
- Prior experience in enterprise, business or commercial environments?
- 4 hours per week to undertake paid project work? (You MUST NOT be a graduate teaching assistant/demonstrator or in the final year of your PhD)
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and enthusiasm to gain valuable business-related experience to enhance your CV?
UMIP are recruiting a number of high calibre PhD student students to become UMIP Enterprise Associates and work in their spare time alongside UMIP’s Innovation Optimiser team to undertake a range of assignments.
We are pleased to announce the relaunch of the Ignition Awards that aim to inspire and further build on the spirit of enterprise and innovation within AMBS. Last year saw over 9 awards made and many of these projects are now actively moving forwards, one of which has already formed as a company.
We are now seeking to inspire the next generation of individuals or teams with entrepreneurial ideas:
- Are you currently working or studying at AMBS or a recent graduate?
- Is your idea likely to be an entrepreneurial or innovative solution to a business, societal or environmental problem?
- We are particularly keen this year to receive your ideas in FinTech, LegalTech or Digital and Creative areas…
Networking in the Street
An event to showcase some of the start-ups being supported through UMIP’s (The University of Manchester’s technology transfer office) Innovation Optimiser has been held for the first time in UMIC’s Conference and Events space in the Core Technology facility on Grafton Street.
From l to r: Mr Tony Walker, Dr Yousef Taktak, Dr Michael Donmall, Dr Andrew Jones
ViewItUK, a health data specialist, is aiming to double its headcount.
The company, which launched as a University of Manchester staff start-up three years ago, helps companies and organisations use and understand their data better, and communicate to a broad audience.
We are now seeking to ignite a new generation of individuals interested in pursuing a social business:
- Are you currently working or studying at The University of Manchester or a recent graduate?
- Is your idea likely to benefit the public or community, or be an entrepreneurial solution to a societal, healthcare or environmental problem?
- Do you have the passion to drive your idea forward and set up a project or social business?
Alliance Manchester Business School (Alliance MBS), alongside Manchester Enterprise Centre (MEC) and The University of Manchester’s Intellectual Property commercialisation division (UMIP) is pleased to announce their Ignition Funding Opportunity – 2016 has resulted in eight outstanding budding entrepreneurs receiving awards of £500 to £2000 to further develop their ideas.
The competition was open to all staff, students and recent graduates of Alliance MBS and individuals were encouraged to submit ideas for entrepreneurial solutions to business, social or environmental problems.
It was launched to support new opportunities to bring into reality the ideas of Alliance MBS staff and students and help to maximise their potential for ‘real world’ use or societal benefit.