Enterprise Associates – Call for applications
Are you a PhD student at The University of Manchester?
Do you have:
- Prior experience in enterprise, business or commercial environments?
- 4 hours per week to undertake paid project work? (You MUST NOT be a graduate teaching assistant/demonstrator or in the final year of your PhD)
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and enthusiasm to gain valuable business-related experience to enhance your CV?
UMIP are recruiting a number of high calibre PhD student students to become UMIP Enterprise Associates and work in their spare time alongside UMIP’s Innovation Optimiser team to undertake a range of assignments.
The Enterprise Associate role supports enterprise activities within UMIP, specifically in relation to the Innovation Optimiser: Enterprise Associates are ‘The student face of UMIP for enterprise activity’ and must demonstrate flexibility, initiative and creativity to make the most of the opportunities available.
The post holder will work closely with UMIP to stimulate entrepreneurship at the research student level within The University of Manchester. You will use peer-to-peer communication to raise awareness, and encourage engagement with enterprise activities undertaken at UMIP. Activity will be undertaken on a task by task basis.
Example tasks include:
- Identify and develop engagement strategies for encouraging enterprise activity at UoM
- Plan and execute marketing strategies including social media management
- Conduct market research and funding research for innovative start-ups
- Organise and deliver the Enterprise Associate Ignition events across the University
To apply for this programme, you must have the support of your supervisor, so please ensure you discuss this opportunity with him/her prior to applying. Before any applicant is invited to interview, their supervisor’s permission will be sought).
(Short-listed applicants will be invited for interviews on Friday 12th January, subject to permissions from supervisors. The induction session / signing of contracts will take place on Monday 15th January.)